Mr. Teina BISHOP
- Member for Arutanga, Reureu & Nikaupara
- Member of the COOK ISLANDS PARTY
- DOB: 11th April 1959
- POB: Aitutaki, Cook Islands
First elected as a Member of Parliament of the Cook Islands in the General Election held in June 1999. Re-elected in the 2004 General Election and on the 26th September 2006, Snap Election.
Appointed Deputy Speaker 2004-2005.
Appointed Minister of Environment and Outer Islands in 2006 for 5 months.
- Chairman Special Marine Select Committee - 2005;
- Education & Science Select Committee - 2007;
- Finance & Expenditure Select Committee - 2007;
- Labour Select Committee - 2007;
- Property Law Special Select Committee - 2007;
- Media Standards Select Committee - 2007.
Entered the Public Service as a secondary school teacher and on 19th October 1991 started own business with wife Annie - the Bishops Cruises and later in 1994 the TNM retail shop in Arutanga, Aitutaki.
Visits, Conferences and Delegations:
Attended CPA Presiding & Clerks Conference in 2005;
Patron of Sports Organisation and Culture teams in Aitutaki. Supports all community activities & programmes for the villages of Arutanga, Reureu and Nikaupara.
Attended Araura Primary school and Aitutaki Junior High School. On scholarship attended the University of the South Pacific.
Mr. Bishop is married to Annie (nee Green) from Australia in 1989. They have three (3) daughters, Maria Elsie born 21/2/92, Tania Helen born 8/5/93 and Naomi May born 14/8/95.