Hon. Cassey EGGELTON
- Member for Matavera
- Member of the DEMOCRATIC PARTY
- DOB: 26th February 1952
- POB: Rarotonga, Cook Islands
First elected as a Member of Parliament of the Cook Islands on the 26th September 2006, Snap Election. Appointed Deputy Speaker on 29th June 2007.
Current Ministerial Portfolio (2009-2010) includes:
• National Environment Services
• Cultural Development, Historic Places Trust
Chairperson for the:
- Law and Order Select Committee
- Transport Special Select Committee.
Member for the:
- Commerce Select Committee
- Foreign Affairs, Immigration and Trade Select Committee
- Media Standards Bills Commission Select Committee
- Standing Orders Select Committee
- Employment Relations Select Committee
Supports all Matavera village sports, youth, women and church programmes and activities. Very much involved in all traditional leaders endeavours.
- 1982-2006 Owner Operator of Rarotonga Accommodation Property - Lagoon Lodges.
- 2006-present Director for Villa Vacations.
Visits, Conferences and Delegations:
38th CPA Presiding Officers and Clerks Conference, Rarotonga, Cook Islands May 2007,
Parliamentary Study Tour to NZ Parliament, Wellington, New Zealand, 1-4 July 2008,
54th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, September 2008
CDI Parliamentary Speakers Course, Brisbane, Australia, 22/26 June 2009,
CDI Professional Skills Development Course, Canberra, Australia, 21-30 October 2009
18th CPA Australia Pacific Region Seminar, Wellington, New Zealand, 2-6 November 2009
Board Member - Miss South Pacific Pageant;
President of the Miss Cook Islands Pageant Association.
Patron Miss Cook Islands Pageant Association
Honorary French Consul of the Cook Islands
Invested with Chiefly Title - “Tara’are Mataiapo”
Acting Secretary to the “Puara-a-Takitumu” (Assembly of Traditional Leaders for the district of Takitumu)
Attended Ngatangiia Primary school 1957-1960;
Nikao Side School 1961-1963; and
Tereora College 1964-1967.
Married and have two (2) daughters.